Rural Hospital Medicine Specialist
- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is after a Rural Hospital Medicine SMO for permanent cover starting now.
The RHMS, supported by Rotorua based specialists, will run a comprehensive Level 2 emergency department providing cover at all times. Care will include initial resuscitation and stabilisation prior to transfer when clinically indicated.
• Qualified in Rural Hospital Medicine and hold a FDRHMNZ.
• A NZ registered medical practitioner
• Current NZ Annual Practicing Certificate (APC)
• Hold Medical Defence Insurance
• Hold Current Drivers Licence
• Has a high level of conversational and written English.
• Experience in Emergency Medicine
• Experience in Rural Hospital Medicine
• Evidence of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development
• Involvement with Quality Assurance or Continuous Improvement
• Involvement in programmes including audit programmes and peer review
• Has keyboard skill sufficient to complete the duties outlined in this position description.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
This 200 plus bed hospital is situated in a North Island town renowned for its Maori culture. The hospital has medical specialists in general medicine, with interests in respiratory, diabetes, geriatrics and cardiology and a 24-hour ED service. Surgeons are present in general surgery, orthopaedics, ENT and dental with visiting ophthalmologists and urologists.
ABOUT THE REGION
This Region is a hugely popular tourist destination and has a multicultural make-up of approx. 80,000 residents. An international tourism icon the population can swell to 100,000 over summer months.
The climate is a pleasant one with plenty of sunshine in summer and crisp, clear winter days. Average daytime temperatures (Celsius) range between 10 degrees in winter and 26 in summer. The dream place to live and play for an outdoor enthusiast.