- South Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is looking for an Anaethetist for permanent cover for September 2022 through to January 2023
- Fixed-term, part-time 0.75FTE (60 hours a fortnight)
- Be part of a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Rostered 5 hour’ shifts and 10 hours’ day
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver quality services to improve health of the population
- Participate in the 1:14 Anaesthetics on-call roster, including covering: planned care/acute patient delivery, medical after-hours on call support, pre-anaesthetic check clinics, duty and acute anaesthetist responsibilities. When rostered as the duty anaesthetist, or when covering the after-hours on call, you’ll support other departments including: emergency department, medical, obstetrics and paediatric patients requiring anaesthetic support.
- Supervise and participate in teaching of junior medical workforce.
- Enjoy working and living in one of New Zealand’s most sought after regions.
In addition to your salary you will:
- Have access to an employer matched Superannuation contribution of up to 6% of annual earnings.
- Be reimbursed competitive relocation, accommodation and car rental expenses (conditions apply).
This is an incredible region of Aotearoa – New Zealand with a lovely climate boasting some of the highest annual sunshine hours year after year and is a wonderful place to work and enjoy life. The schools are excellent, and the city is well connected to the rest of New Zealand and the world via its centrally located and well served domestic airport terminal.
There are three national parks nearby providing ample opportunities for quality family-time and appreciation of nature’s wonders. The region is renowned for its breath-taking natural landscapes, with stunning geography capturing everything from unbelievably long golden beaches to rugged mountains and untouched forests.