- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is after Medical Registrars for permanent contracts starting January 2023 for 6 to 12 months.
Registrars on this run provide services principally to the medical wards 2a, 4a & 4b, ICU, Emergency Department and Outpatients Department under the supervision of the Consultant to whom they are attached
•Senior staff comprises Twelve Physicians
•There are eight Registrars, one Medical/OPHRS Registrar and three relievers
• There are six House Officers, two Medical/Psychiatry House Officers and two Medical/OPHRS House Officers.
Hours of work:
• Registrar ordinary hours are 0800–1600hrs Monday to Friday with the team they are attached to.
• Rostered after-hours 1600-2300hrs once per week.
• Weekend cover is provided on a 1:4 basis, on duty split between a 0800–2300hrs on one weekend shift and 0800 – 1600 on the other.
• Night duty is split between four nights and three nights and operates on a 1:5 basis from 2230–0830hrs.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
This 250 bed Hospital offers a wide range of health services and is accredited to provide both Registrar and House Surgeon training. Regular training programmes are provided as well as supervision and teaching by the consultants. The Radiology department offers a wide range of services including Medicine, Spiral CT and a MRI scanner. Our locums tell us they are well supported and the hospital is well organised.
ABOUT THE REGION
This City offers many golf courses, trout fishing streams, heritage walking trails and mountain climbing opportunities. There’s no shortage of good surf, good river & surf fishing and breath-giving coastal walks. This is rhododendron country and there are magnificent gardens and parks throughout the region.