- North Island
- $As per the MECA
ABOUT THE ROLE
M? T?tou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand’s North Island, our cllient really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te location is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals. They serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres and has over 4000 staff.
He K?rero m? te t?ranga – About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to work in the beautiful location looking after a diverse population. The recent retirement of a Consultant Psychiatrist has created a permanent vacancy in the Mental Health and Addiction Service based in Whakat?ne.
In this role you will be working within the community mental health and addictions multidisciplinary clinical team, the acute inpatient unit at Whakat?ne Hospital and with NGO and primary care providers. You will be part of a team of three senior medical officers supporting two registrars and a house officer.
You will also work with clinicians in a number of cross-district service relationships that include addiction services and mental health services for older people.
They are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and have 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
He korero m?u – About You
Criteria for this position:
- You need to be a Vocationally Registered Psychiatrist with the Medical Council of NZ or be eligible for this.
- Have fellowship with the RANZCP or the equivalent is essential.
- A desire to work collaboratively to improve the outcomes for our community, while supporting and educating others to do so too.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, please consider this your next job.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-house career development
- Relocation assistance package available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
The community is vibrant and engaged. There is a wide-range of schooling options throughout the area and the stunning region offers New Zealand’s recently voted favourite beach, ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich M?ori culture. You are close enough to access to the ski fields in winter. They showcase the perfect place to explore a wide range of nature-based pursuits – you don’t have to forsake your career either, in fact why not enhance it with a better work-life balance.