Consultant Psychiatrist – Adult General Inpatient
- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Employment Type: Permanent – 1 FTE
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand’s North Island, the location offers vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
It is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals . They serve a population of approximately 259,000 and employs over 4000 staff.
He K?rero m? te t?ranga – About the Role
The location is one of the fastest growing city and as a result it is time for us to grow our clients team of Psychiatrists so they can continue to provide a high level of care. They currently have a permanent full-time position available in General Adult Psychiatry.
We are excited to offer:
- A well-established group of peers for you to join.
- General Adult Inpatient and outpatient services, Psychogeriatrics, Consult Liason, Child and Adolescent, Drug and alcohol and Maternal Mental Health services.
- We are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
- Opportunities for research and teaching roles through our clinical campus and close links with Auckland University.
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and clinical leadership.
He korero m?u – About You
Criteria for this position:
- You need to be a Vocationally Registered Psychiatrist with the Medical Council of NZ or be eligible for this.
- Have fellowship with the RANZCP or the equivalent is essential.
- A passion for working with those suffering addictions and someone who enjoys teaching and training others in this area.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, please consider this your next job.
Applying from overseas? You can complete the self-assessment tool on the Medical Council of New Zealand website to determine which pathway to registration (as a medical practitioner in New Zealand) you might be eligible for.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- Access to ongoing in-house professional development
- Relocation assistance package available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)