Consultant Psychiatrist – OST Addictions
- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you looking for?
- A friendly team environment?
- A service that is striving to deliver excellent care to clients on their journey of recovery.
- A challenging role delivering Opioid Substitution Treatment and other interventions?
- Then this is the opportunity for you!
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist or Medical Officer with an interest in addiction medicine. This role will join the multidisciplinary specialist Addiction Service.
The focus of this role is to provide Opioid Substitution Treatment (OST) for patients across the district in accordance with the New Zealand OST guidelines. The appointee will work with senior psychiatrists and mental health and addiction services registrar colleagues and have close liaison with general practitioners and pharmacists.
Our client is the fastest growing city and as a result it is time for us to grow our team of Psychiatrists so we can continue to provide a high level of care. They currently have a permanent full-time position available in our Perinatal Infant Maternal Mental Health team.
We are excited to offer:
- A well-established group of peers for you to join.
- General Adult Inpatient and outpatient services, Psychogeriatrics, Consult Liason, Child and Adolescent, Drug and alcohol and Maternal Mental Health services.
- We are a teaching hospital with Psychiatric Registrars Training through the Upper Central North Island (UCNI) training scheme and 5th and 6th year medical students through the University of Auckland.
- Opportunities for research and teaching roles through our clinical campus and close links with Auckland University.
- Opportunities for involvement in service development and clinical leadership.
If you like to work in a team that puts the patient at the centre, and is collaborative, creative and collegial, please consider this your next job.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- Access to ongoing in-house professional development
- Relocation assistance package available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
The location is a vibrant city and the surroundings are spectacular with beautiful beaches and wilderness areas all close by. There is outstanding access to wide-range of schooling options, both public and private, an Institute of Technology. Lifestyle options are diverse and you can live 20 mins from the hospital on a lifestyle block, in the bush, on an estuary with a boat or kayak or in the trendy beach area.