- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
Come and join our dynamic multidisciplinary Gastroenterology department who provide services to our client located in the north Island.
Are you a Gastroenterologist looking for a lifestyle change? Are you interested in working in a comprehensive and well-respected Gastroenterology Service where the quality of care is outstanding? Come and work alongside our other experienced Gastroenterologists, Nurse Endoscopist and wider team.
We strive to provide a supportive flexible working environment for all our staff. This role may appeal to established consultants as well as those who have just completed specialty training. We also welcome applications from those looking for a shorter term position.
While this role will initially be based at Hutt Valley and participate in the Hutt on call roster, the Hutt and Wellington Gastroenterology departments are working towards providing an integrated district wide service. We are interested in people wanting to work collaboratively and who will add to the skills of our teams across both sites.
M? t? m?tou r?p? – About our team
Our Gastroenterology Department has three procedure rooms to allow for Endoscopy lists, but also support outpatient work and involvement in the National Bowel Screening Programme. Inpatient care is provided at Wellington, as well as EUS and motility studies. Clinical nurse specialists work at both sites.
We are committed to clinical excellence in all disciplines; and Senior Medical Staff are encouraged to take part in clinical audits and peer-reviews to ensure quality clinical care is provided.
Mo? – About you
- Vocationally registered in internal medicine (gastroenterology) with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRACP or equivalent qualification and be able to register for with the MCNZ
- Gastroenterologist with generalist skill set who can deliver a wide range of Endoscopy procedures
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with post fellowship training and a sub-speciality interest, particularly interested in those with hepatology, IBD, nutrition and motility skills
- Work effectively in collaboration with multidisciplinary team
- Able to provide consistently high standards of medical care