- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
EMERGENCY MEDICINE CONSULTANT
- Are you a qualified Emergency Medicine Specialist looking for an attractive role in a stunning regional setting?
- Attractive remuneration package + 6% Kiwi Saver
- Ongoing training and development, including financial support for 10 days of continuing medical training and relocation assistance provided
- Be part of a friendly and valued team
- On average 10-minute commute into work
- Great place for families
- Outdoor lover’s paradise
Our client has a busy 15 bed Emergency Department, 5 bed Acute Assessment unit and 6 bed critical care unit. We have around 25,000 emergency department attendances every year. Our hospital is a 138 bed – Care Capacity Demand Management (CCDM) secondary hospital.
The region offers the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand’s North Island. Whether you are into water sports, cycling or mountain activities, you will have all of these at your doorstep. As one of the oldest settled towns in New Zealand, it also boasts a thriving culture and arts scene, including the Royal Opera House. Additionally, you are still close enough to Wellington or Auckland for a quick visit, but you won’t miss the congestion or the cost of living.
The emergency team is committed to providing patients with the best possible personalised care available in a small hospital, with all the benefits of having state-of-the-art technology at its disposal.
We are looking for an Emergency Medicine Consultant to join our highly skilled team in a permanent, full-time position. This critical position will see successful candidates working within a tight-knit team of 8 SMO’s, supported by a strong team of RMO’s and nurses.
Our hospital is a well-resourced centre, proud of its comprehensive range of services including spiral CT, 1.5T MRI, Resuscitation bay, Acute Assessment Unit, Critical Care Unit, Assessment, Treatment & Rehabilitation Ward/Acute Stroke Unit, Medical ward, Surgical Ward, Children’s ward, maternity unit, acute mental health ward (adult), operating theatres, ambulatory clinics, community based clinics that support the people of Whanganui in their health journey.
Painga – What’s in it for you
In addition to joining a highly-skilled and dedicated team in a picturesque part of the North Island, you will receive an attractive remuneration package plus 6% Super! You will also enjoy a range of additional benefits and allowances, including:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including financial support up to $16,000 per year for continuing medical training
- Relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition for you
- Opportunities to mentor and develop more junior doctors
- The relaxed lifestyle living in a picturesque region location provides
You will join an organisation that genuinely cares about its people and has created systems to ensure patient workload is manageable and that staff enjoy exceptional work-life balance.
M?u ake – About you
With an understanding of the challenges faced by people in emergency situations, the successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and abilities:
- Completed your residency/ registrar training in Emergency Medicine
- Eligible to hold vocational registration with the Medical Council of NZ in Emergency Medicine.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to effectively interact with a diverse range of patients and staff.