- North Island
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics
- Attractive remuneration package + 6% Super!
- Ongoing training and development, including financial support for 10 days of continuing medical training and relocation assistance provided
About the role
We are recruiting for a Consultant in Trauma & General Orthopaedics. While subspecialities will be supported within the team we are looking for looking for a true generalist. Experience in Hips & Knee Arthroplasty will be highly advantageous.
We are looking for a motivated and committed individual who will provide a high-quality service and join colleagues in a very dynamic and forward-thinking Trauma & Orthopaedic team.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with consultant led and delivered, general trauma provision in a general hospital and take part in a 1 in 5 on-call rota.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide a comprehensive Trauma & Orthopaedic service across the hospital
- Offer acute inpatient assessment and treatment
- Deliver outpatient and fracture clinics
- Provide effective leadership to multidisciplinary staff member
- Develop teaching, training and research within the organisation
- Share the responsibility for the acute care of Trauma and Orthopaedics Patients
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive service in foot and ankle surgery
- Work with specialist physiotherapists, specialist nurses and physician colleagues within the ortho-geriatric service to provide clinical care for patients with frailty fragility fractures.
What’s in it for you
We recognise the importance of a work-life balance so take advantage of all the region has to offer! If you’re keen to get outdoors – get out on the nearby ski fields, canoe down the river or hike the gorgeous walking tracks. If you love arts and culture, we have plenty for you to do at our Sarjeant Gallery, NZ glassworks or immerse yourself in the murals around town!
You will also enjoy a range of additional benefits and allowances, including:
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, including financial support up to $16,000 per year for continuing medical training
- On-call allowance
- Relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition for you
- Opportunities to mentor and develop more junior doctors
- Opportunities to also work within the private market
- The relaxed lifestyle living in a picturesque region location provides
You will join an organisation that genuinely cares about its people and has created systems to ensure patient workload is manageable and that staff enjoy exceptional work-life balance.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and abilities:
- Completed your residency/ registrar training in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Eligible to hold vocational registration with the Medical Council of NZ in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to effectively interact with a diverse range of patients and staff
- Strong teamwork skills will enable you to work effectively with your team and other departments